Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Season of the Salad

I'm all about salads right now. And for me I want them to be not only quick and healthy but also portable. We eat on the beach a lot. Here is one that I've been making for years. The original recipe is from my Black Dog cookbook...an old stand by for me. Have you ever been to Martha's Vineyard? If you go...a trip to the Black Dog is a must. And don't forget to buy a T-shirt. Here's my version....


Boil up some orzo pasta. The other day I didn't have any orzo so I used penne..or bowties...or what ever you have. While that's cooking...in a large pretty bowl add:

Some balsamic vinegar and olive oil and a clove or two of chopped garlic. I just wing it...start with a little...add more if  you want.

Chop up some spinach and a few roma tomatoes. Add the cooked orzo. Give it a good stir. Add some basil or parsley...or both. Then right before you serve it add some feta cheese. Now pack it up and bring it to the beach with some grilled chicken or steak. Simple right?

No comments:

Post a Comment